Topic: Best Filament to use?

After walking away from the Press for a year, I came back to it this week and have managed to get it (somewhat) functional.

That said, after all the testing and failed prints I am nearing the end of the spool of ABS filament that was sent out with the machine.

So rather than buy a half dozen different brands of filament, my question is.. What has worked well with the Press for you guys (ABS & PLA)?

Re: Best Filament to use?

There is no need to buy a half dozen brands unless you want to.
There are lots of good filament out there. There has been lot of discussion about what is the best filament to buy. The real question is what is best for you.
So lets say the best filament is USA made . And not too pricey

http://www.makergeeks.com/

Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

3 (edited by trayracing 2016-06-19 02:15:14)

Here in the U.S., I've had good luck with Inland brand ABS at Microcenter. Cheap at $15/kg. Consistent filament diameter, a bit less curling and stripping than the Press stuff. Spool, on its side, is a bit too tall to fit the press gracefully, but if you prop up the lid a bit, and pull the door open a cm or so. seems to work OK.

Which is not to say it's the best, just what I've tried.

I use the inland brand as well. The PLA  it is not bad and it is likely the most affordable on the market.
But not the best overall.

Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura