Topic: DaVinci 2.0A with different Nozzle hights and Simplify 3D

Hi,

i use the Simplify together with a Da Vinci 2.0A. For jobs starting from Simplify the Da Vinci won`t count the filament length when using the left extruder with installed cartridge, so that i can use other filament withouth chip resetter. however the left nozzle is a little bit higher than the right one, so that the right one always destroys the first layers when crossing it. So i have three options :

- use the right one as primary extruder. this way the filament would be counted, is there a possibility in Simplify to switch the extruders, so that the filament used with the right extruder won´t be counted ?

- Use a cartridge resetter. Anyone know of one suitable for the 2.0A with 2.1 firmware ?

- use the left extruder for print and heat the right extruder for the first layers, so that it at least won´t grab the print however if i try to do this i must use both extruders in the process and the printer use the right one for printing

the final solution would be to manually adjust the extruder height by screw, i know this can be done, however i am not good in such things and i don`t want to break anything....

Any help would be great .-)

Re: DaVinci 2.0A with different Nozzle hights and Simplify 3D

Your final option is the correct option and a part of normal calibration for a dual setup. Get out the tools and learn to do it like we all have.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Re: DaVinci 2.0A with different Nozzle hights and Simplify 3D

Would you mind pointing me to a picture of this screw?  I have the same problem and I'm excited to tinker with it, but I can't find reference to making this adjustment anywhere.

My prints were just "okay" before, but I just replaced the extruders and one is significantly lower than the other.  I was toying with the idea of using a shim before I came across your post.

Thanks