1 (edited by Solidpro 2016-05-31 22:07:30)

Topic: How do i adjust my E Stepper setting? SD2

Good day. I have the Sang board SD2. When i upgraded my Y axis the pulleys got a little larger and i think this is my issue. I use Simplify3D. My circles are not round. Can i make this change-in the program or do i need to make the change on the board settings itself?

Post's attachments

.jpg 30.43 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

bbb.jpg
bbb.jpg 22.57 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: How do i adjust my E Stepper setting? SD2

Assuming RH and the communication enabled you can go to  the config settings in and make the changes .
if you open the EPROM settings and cant see anything then you need to change the firmware.

uncommenting the lines

# define EPROM_Settings
and
# define EPROM_Chitchat  will allow changes from the program.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Also, here is a calculator that can help:

http://prusaprinters.org/calculator/

Scroll down to Stepper Motors and enter your parameters.

If you cannot make the changes via Tin's suggestion, you will need to adjust the settings in configuration.h where it says "DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT"...for Y it would be the number in the second position:

http://soliforum.com/i/?9DKsUHM.png

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

Ok, is this in the simplify3d program or the SD2 board?

I do not know Simplify3D...what I wrote about above is for changing the firmware.  Perhaps in Simplify3D there is an option to update your EEPROM settings; if you can find that, then hopefully you can make the changes there similar to what Tin suggested.

Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate

easier to just download repeiter. its free

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

Kronikabuse wrote:

easier to just download repeiter. its free

Yep...I have heard of folks doing that just to update the firmware!

Or you can try going to the Command Line in Simplify3D (there must be one somewhere) and enter M92 Yxx (xx = whatever steps/mm you want) followed immediately by entering M500 and this should save it to your EEPROM.

8 (edited by RogerBritt 2016-08-30 17:11:14)

Hi...i am a new user here. I am not sure about it but as per my knowledge you should follow this assuming RH and the communication enabled you can go to  the config settings in and make the changes .
if you open the EPROM settings and cant see anything then you need to change the firmware.
uncommenting the lines

# define EPROM_Settings
and
# define EPROM_Chitchat  will allow changes from the program.

circuit board assembly services

You should follow this assuming RH and the communication enabled you can go to  the config settings in and make the changes .

PCB assembly china