51 (edited by Bozotclown1970 2016-11-25 00:50:15)

Re: Cura + ThreeDubber on daVinci Jr

Anthem wrote:

If you use Cura regularly, check out my port of ThreeDubber. It's command-line only (no fancy GUI at the moment) but gets the job done. I just added support for setting the total_filament value from Cura headers to get a real print time estimate on the Jr's LCD.

AND my script will convert those pesky G0 codes into G1s at the same it it makes a .3w from your .gcode file.

https://gitlab.com/anthem/py-threedub

To install on Windows:
- Download and install Python 2.7 from Python.org
- Download and install py-crypto
- Download and unpack the source from gitlab
- Assuming you now have Python on your path, go into the source directory and run:
- python setup.py install
- run 'threedub model.gcode' to convert it to .3w

Same basic procedure on Linux except you might already have Python. Don't forget py-crypto.

I have compiled the ThreeDubber source file to change "G0" to "G1" and add header information. It will use the estimated time from the Cura gcode as time, but I could not figure out how to get the usage from Cura so that is still being set to 1. Hopefully this will make things a little easier for Windows users.

Post's attachments

ThreeDubber.zip 68.06 kb, 87 downloads since 2016-11-25 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

alright i did all this on windows and i had a few great prints but now nothing prints more than half way. it completes but only half way the parts are incomplete. anyone seen this or corrected this issue? is my hotend taking a crap?

@navymr - Sounds like extruder motor struggling. Do you still have enclosure? Try fitting the fan on top of the motor and see if that helps.

kr15_uk wrote:

@navymr - Sounds like extruder motor struggling. Do you still have enclosure? Try fitting the fan on top of the motor and see if that helps.

thanks! ill give it a whirl. i may disassemble and give a good clean. i really havent used it must through the summer i used it to print the structure for a kossel and a 40  hour AR lower print.

Anyone still able to ThreeDub (Python version) working on Linux.  I think I have done the pre-requisites, installed pycrypto, serial and padding.  But it generates errors, I think it's to do with Encryption.

Old thread I know, but any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Error looks like this...

sudo threedub 20140205_Marvin_KeyChain.gcode Marvin.gcode
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/threedub", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('threedub==0.1', 'console_scripts', 'threedub')()
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/threedub/main.py", line 60, in threedub
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/threedub/davinci.py", line 76, in write
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/threedub/davinci.py", line 41, in encrypt
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Crypto/Cipher/AES.py", line 59, in __init__
    blockalgo.BlockAlgo.__init__(self, _AES, key, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Crypto/Cipher/blockalgo.py", line 141, in __init__
    self._cipher = factory.new(key, *args, **kwargs)
ValueError: ECB mode does not use IV