Topic: Need help making a file manifold/watertight

Hello,
So Im new to Blender and made a model to be printed. I checked to see if all my vertices were connected and was watertight. but I get the error in RH thats its not manifold.
Since Im new possibly I overlooked a problem. I already tried to repair it in netfabb but still not working

Would someone be able to look it over and help me make it watertight?

Here is the STL because my blender file is too large (10mb) but let me know if you want me to upload it as a different file extension

Post's attachments

neir hiltgood.stl 3.67 mb, 12 downloads since 2016-05-21 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Need help making a file manifold/watertight

Hear is the fix
I ran it thrue netfab automatic.

Post's attachments

neir hiltgood.stl 3.7 mb, 9 downloads since 2016-05-21 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

ok, after taking a look at the stl in blender, I think I see what the problem is... if you look at the bottom of the piece, the darker section is seen as a hole because there is no thickness there. yes, the vertices are all connected but everything is on one plane so the slicer sees it as a defect.

if you separate that area from the rest of the bottom, and raise it up from the bottom plane by 0.3 (minimum), then make the bottom a solid face, i think you will have better luck with it as an stl.

Not sure if it will help, but if you took a cross section of that area...

http://soliforum.com/i/?QOoWPsj.jpg

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Rlove wrote:

Hear is the fix
I ran it thrue netfab automatic.

Fixing it for him is nice, but that doesn't really help him get better at modeling... just sayin...

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Look at it with the 3d viewer built into our forum. The link is after your image. If you look at the bottom of it you will see the problem. As heartless said the bottom layer needs to be thicker and both sections need to be part of it or they both need to be isolated and the area between them open. The slicer does not know how to process that very thin layer. In the 3d view it looks like the central piece is the main issue.  Make it solid then print it with a lower infill.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.