Topic: Who here has an engineering degree?

Just out of curiosity, who here has a degree in engineering? I don't but sometime in the future I hope to start taking some classes towards it. I'm thinking mechanical or aerospace.

Re: Who here has an engineering degree?

BS in Mechanical Engineering
BS in Aerospace Engineering
PhD in Mechanical Engineering

Happy to answer any questions!

BS in Civil Engineering.

If I could do it over, I would do electrical or mechanical.  I mostly do project and construction management now, which you can do with any engineering degree.

SD4 w/ RUMBA, E3D Volcano, all bearings, glass bed

Nice.

I could go for an electrical engineering degree as well if the others aren't available.

my youngest son got an BS in computers from UMR Rolla Mo engineering college and at his graduation we saw several Professional Engineers get "Hooded" by their mentors it was an awesome sight to watch. I dont know but it seemed like similar to a doctorate degree ceremony. is that correct Tim? my older son got his BS in IT at a different non-engineering college so it was not like that.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

BS in Mechanical Engineering
MBA - Yes...I went to the Dark Side of the Force!

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

I got a BS in Ocean Engineering (which mostly means offshore oil rig design).

Having used computers a lot while working on the degree though, I went into computer programming rather than
going to work for Shell Oil :-).

BSEE.  Whatever you choose, choose it because you love it and not because you think one or the other is more lucrative.

9 (edited by metaldrgn 2016-05-12 15:04:26)

Thanks for the responses. Looks like we have a variety of knowledge here. I do like designing stuff and I've been playing with high-end CAD programs for about 15 years. I've started to do a few prototyping jobs and functional part designs for people and having a degree would make it easier to market myself. I've actually started buying the CAD programs seeing as I'm making a small profit (more to build my portfolio for a later job). I also like the simulation aspect too and I dabble with it from time to time.

I’m a graduate of BS in Computer Engineering and willing to add some mechanical engineering degree over my course because right now a lot of cars are modified and mostly maintained my computers. So I think computer engineering and mechanical engineering are the best fit for this kind of job or maybe a business of fixing or selling cars.

I am graduate of B.E in computer science. I am interested in development of web applications.

PES institute of technology Bangalore direct admission
PES university direct admission

No degree here, but have been using AutoCAD and Microstation for about 30 odd years (since the 1980's) and have been a CAD manager.
while I do occasionally find drawing some components a challenge, its only the more complex ones, plus I rarely have a part fail due to the original drawing being wrong.