Topic: Pla recommendation?

I am new to using 3rd party filaments.  Could anyone recommend the best pla brands to try?  I have only used the xyz brands that come with the davinci 1.0 and davinci junior.

Re: Pla recommendation?

Butterfly39 wrote:

I am new to using 3rd party filaments.  Could anyone recommend the best pla brands to try?  I have only used the xyz brands that come with the davinci 1.0 and davinci junior.

Have you modified your machines? You can't use other brands unless you do some changes that you can find listed around here. Some are a bit involved so be warned.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

3 (edited by Butterfly39 2016-04-16 23:16:39)

Yes I have on the davinci jr. That's the one i want to try the 3rd party filament on:)

This discussion has been had several times in the past so you may want  to do a search.

IMHO if I were to be buying some at the moment I would go to http://www.makergeeks.com/pla3dfibymaf.html
they are having an incredible sale $16.50 a roll with free shipping so a great time to buy and try.
This is made in USA material.  I have not tried this material but see no reason not to .

Colorfab pla/pha is nice stuff but is a bit more at $38.50 for 750 grams  https://printedsolid.com/collections/co … pha-1-75mm

I have used inland brand from microcenter but at $15.00 a roll for chinese import vs the makergeek price of $16.50 including shipping seems a no brainer Buy made in USA.

Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Yeah I tried searching maybe I wasn't putting in the right search name. So sorry about that. And thank you for replying:) I think i will try out the makergeeks:)

I feel like a minor apology is in order As I did not read the details.
the $16.50 price is for grab bag bundles so you can pick your material and size but they pick the color or colors and you have to buy in two kilo packs.  fpr $33    Still not a bad deal. regular rolls  are still a good deal  at $21.55 on sale  a roll and about 15- 20 color choices.
Hope this did not cause any confusion.
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Hatchbox PLA from Amazon has always been good to me. Prices jump around a little though, depending on when the reseller runs out. But like carl_m1968 and Tin Falcon said, you'll have to modify the machine to accept 3rd party filament.

FuseBox 1.5 CoreXY - e3dv6 - Graphic Smart Display
Solidoodle 2 - e3dv6 - Hobb Goblin - e3d Titan - lawsy carriages - Direct Drive Y Axis - T8 Z axis - OctoPi