1 (edited by deuse 2016-04-07 12:31:39)

Topic: Just Flashed repetier. Now my extruder motor is going backwards?

I have a Duo 2.0A. I fitted a V6 clone(for testing) and a new Nema 17 stepping motor.

The flash went great. But the extruder motor is going backwards!
If I tell Repetier to load the filament it heats up the hot end and then I press OK when it's hot enough.
Put the motor is un-loading? I've tried two other motors I got from china and they do the same.

I have been through the settings but can't find anything to help. Could someone tell me what I need to do, and to what please.

Thanks.

Should of said I'm only using the right hot\cold end

Re: Just Flashed repetier. Now my extruder motor is going backwards?

Open the firmware in Arduino and open the configuration.h tap. Then set the invert direction setting for the extruder to the opposite it is now. Or you could simply flip the connector so 1234 will be 4321. If the connector is keyed then just pull the wires from by unlocking the retaining clip in each one and physically move the wires to the reverse order.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

3 (edited by deuse 2016-04-07 13:32:21)

carl_m1968 wrote:

Open the firmware in Arduino and open the configuration.h tap. Then set the invert direction setting for the extruder to the opposite it is now. Or you could simply flip the connector so 1234 will be 4321. If the connector is keyed then just pull the wires from by unlocking the retaining clip in each one and physically move the wires to the reverse order.

This how it is now

// Inverting axis direction
850 #define INVERT_X_DIR true
851 #define INVERT_Y_DIR false
852 #define INVERT_Z_DIR true

Do I changed True on the top line to false and changed the second line to True?

https://github.com/luc-github/Repetier- … guration.h

Thank you for your help

edit=I haven't got a clue what to changed in the code  sad

4 (edited by deuse 2016-04-07 14:25:16)

I got the wire changed now. Thank you.

I'm only using 1 hot end(the right one) and I keep getting "heater decoupled" is it best to re-flash and pick
1 for DaVinci 1.0 (1Fan, 1 Extruder) instead of what I got now which is 3 for DaVinci 2.0 (2Fans, 2 Extruders)?

Thanks again

You need to reflash abd set it for what you have which is a 1.0 bow with only one fan and one extruder.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:

You need to reflash abd set it for what you have which is a 1.0 bow with only one fan and one extruder.

Thanks
Done that and it works  smile

Now I've just go to raise the small metal part that tells it when stop on the Z axis.
As my mod is 1 inch lower then the original hot end, and the bed is to high even with the nuts tight.

7 (edited by deuse 2016-04-08 13:59:21)

On the printer screen how do I off set - Z axis?   As said my hot end is longer then the xyz one.

Soryy about all this...dam newbies   smile

Ok.
Go in to settings then go down to position. Press right and you will see XYZ(something like that)
I didn't touch the first xyz but the z below them.

And don't for get to store the eprom each time. I have to load mine each time I turn it on?
Also I can't do a manual bed level from the maintenance as it's all over the place as it thinks it's a 1.0.

You can change it in firmware what you would do is home the z. ( make sure the e3d is not going to hit the bed and bind first) then use the manual controls in repetier to lower the bed until you know your print head can move over the print bed.
then carefully raise it  1mm to .1 mm until your just able to get the paper (or feeler gauge) to slip under it.

note the z height and then go change the end stop by the amount needed  in the firmware.

if your print head will bind before the z axis triggers  (depends on your modification)  then you need to modify the  end stop so it triggers at before the print head hits the bed then and then raise the bed slowly until your again able to slide the paper or feeler gauge under the print head.  note the z height and then change the z in the firmware.

Please note you don't have much room to make that go into the negative before the z end stop hits the top and binds. you do a have a few mm but not a lot so it needs to be close to begin with.

9 (edited by deuse 2016-04-09 12:11:05)

mark.burton wrote:

You can change it in firmware what you would do is home the z. ( make sure the e3d is not going to hit the bed and bind first) then use the manual controls in repetier to lower the bed until you know your print head can move over the print bed.
then carefully raise it  1mm to .1 mm until your just able to get the paper (or feeler gauge) to slip under it.

note the z height and then go change the end stop by the amount needed  in the firmware.

if your print head will bind before the z axis triggers  (depends on your modification)  then you need to modify the  end stop so it triggers at before the print head hits the bed then and then raise the bed slowly until your again able to slide the paper or feeler gauge under the print head.  note the z height and then change the z in the firmware.

Please note you don't have much room to make that go into the negative before the z end stop hits the top and binds. you do a have a few mm but not a lot so it needs to be close to begin with.

Thank you so much. My bed is now level and the flexi filament loads great.
BUT it won't un-load? the motor does a 1\4 of a turn then stops. Any body got any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'm to old for all this  smile

edit=the hot end heats up ok.

edit 2= I can see a load distance setting but no Un-load one. As soon as the temperature reaches 230 if bleeps for a second
then goes back to the load\unload menu.

edit 3= It was a filament jam  sad  need more coolinh on the hot end. At least I've learned something today  smile

10 (edited by deuse 2016-04-10 10:29:24)

Another problem!

No matter what program I use it want's me to load filament to the hot end that isn't there. So it won't print.
I've tried a new profile in simplify3D and Repetier host and it's still a no go.

Both see it as having 1 extruder but demand I load filament in to the one that's not there any more.
I've pulled the hot end plug from the motherboard=fail. Is there another plug\wire I need to disconnect?

Was about to order E3D V6 and the Titan Extruder. But there's no point if I can't get the test extruder working?

Thanks guys

I did flash it as a single extruder but with the newer motherboard. Would it be advisable to flash it again
but this time use 0 for the board instead of 1 ?

did you disabled filament sensor ? if sensor is missing it will say no filament because of xyz sensor logic, so need to disable it in settings

Sorry guys, my fat fingers accidentally stickied this and I am not sure how to undo that.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

luc wrote:

did you disabled filament sensor ? if sensor is missing it will say no filament because of xyz sensor logic, so need to disable it in settings

I will try that as soon as I clear another filament jam  sad
Thanks luc   smile

Found out why I'm getting so many filament jams. My replacement Nema 17 are not going backwards to unload
or pull the filament back when it should. The original motor works ok but the shaft is not long enough.

Here are the motors I got
http://www.banggood.com/JKM-42-Hybrid-S … 33548.html

http://www.banggood.com/MK8-Aluminum-Ex … 17150.html

I'm not using the extruder on the second motor. Anyone know which wires are for reverse?

15 (edited by deuse 2016-04-18 06:04:33)

I've now got one of the motors working by changing the middle wires. But I can't get the other two working at all.
So I've binned them. Now to tackle the "out of filament" problem.

EDIT=I had to re-flash Repetier with the duo options in config-h.
But I had to change the extruder from 2 to 1.  All is ok now thanks to Luc.

Did you do as Mark.Burton said and record the height then adjust it in Repetier? I'm looking into changing my hotend and extruder. I saw some videos one using E3D V6 hotends and Bowden extruders.

My Duo "jams" the extruder motor strips the PLA filament but when I load it the filament comes out fine and there's no way to adjust the tension on the filament, ABS works fine.