Topic: A gimmick we might be able to learn from

http://www.gizmag.com/olo-smartphone-3d … b-91815557

Robox printer, HICTOP (Prusa i3 variant) Model 3DP17 printer, ELEK 2.5W laser engraver, AutoDesk 123D Design, Windows 10

Re: A gimmick we might be able to learn from

I backed this one.  It may end up arriving before my Peachy.  LOL

3 (edited by n2ri 2016-03-25 06:38:17)

yeah right... It wont work. the 'ibox Nano' used UV LEDs and still it leaves model sticky for a long time after finished. so dont think those Phones have even that strong of UV light which is what resin cures with. plus the Nano had to be plugged in since average print times even for tiny prints was over 4 hours. can your phones battery last and can you do without your phone that long?

btw the 'ibox Nano' kickstarter backers most never got their printer b4 it vanished, and a few where found in a storage unit auction being sold on Ebay now

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

some things just because you may be able to do them, dont mean its worth doing. ;^)

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

Like the guys with the incredible long lens camera attachment that can convert your smartphone into a "real" camera. I guess I don't get it.

Robox printer, HICTOP (Prusa i3 variant) Model 3DP17 printer, ELEK 2.5W laser engraver, AutoDesk 123D Design, Windows 10

n2ri wrote:

yeah right... It wont work. the 'ibox Nano' used UV LEDs and still it leaves model sticky for a long time after finished. so dont think those Phones have even that strong of UV light which is what resin cures with. plus the Nano had to be plugged in since average print times even for tiny prints was over 4 hours. can your phones battery last and can you do without your phone that long?

btw the 'ibox Nano' kickstarter backers most never got their printer b4 it vanished, and a few where found in a storage unit auction being sold on Ebay now

Hmm. I hadn't thought of that. If only there was some way I could cheaply aquire a second phone that I could leave plugged in for printing maybe without a plan even. Oh well.  wink

These guys claim to have their own resin formula that doesn't require as strong of light to cure or cures in the visible spectrum or something like that.

At $100 I won't be bent out of shape if it never shows up. I backed Peachy and keep forgetting it even exists until I get yet another email promising that it's coming soon.

Maybe I should have saved my money on these two and ordered from a real company like Solidoodle. Then I wouldn't have to worry about unfulfilled orders.

Heartlander's Extended and Lengthy Rule:

If it relates to an X and a Y and a Z and costs less than $250, it does not exist.
If it costs $250-500 it may exist but can only be expected to work about 37% of the time on a good day.
$500-$750 halfway works if you hold your mouth right.
$750+ you have a prayer of getting a decent machine but an equal chance of getting burned by the brimstone.

There are no solid bets in this game, only gambles.

justsomeguy wrote:

Maybe I should have saved my money on these two and ordered from a real company like Solidoodle. Then I wouldn't have to worry about unfulfilled orders.

The irony is delicious