Re: My SD2 Jigsaw Extruder

did you also install any of the support apps like Python etc that SD site used to link to downloads for? those have librarys etc used by these printers/control apps like RH

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

I didn't install anything other than the SD2 drivers and RH.  As far as setting, the older version of RH from Solidoodle,com has the settings for the SD2 preloaded.  So I just saved the registry settings file, uninstalled the old version of RH, installed the latest version of RH, and ran registry file.  That way I didn't have to manually change the settings in RH.  I just selected SD2 from the list of printers in the settings page.

I just wanted to thank everyone, especially AZERATE for the help, suggestions, and tips.  My SD2 is all setup and printing again. Not only is it print, I'm printing with ABS.  I'm really happy with the lite6 so far. 

Everything seems to be working fine, however, I occasionally hear an weird rattling noise when it's printing.  Here's a video of the noise that I am walking about. The noise is at the 16 second mark. 

Anyone has an idea where that noise is coming from?

I'm glad you are back up an running. When I first started, I couldn't print ABS for a while, so I know the feeling wink

I don't know about anyone else, but the video will not load on my end. If there is a pattern here, try uploading and sharing from imgr,youtube, or vimeo

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

Video worked for me, it sounds like you have something loose and it is ratting from the vibration caused by infill in small areas.

+1 to elmoret
Video loaded fine over mobile

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

Ok thanks.  I think it's might be the filament guide.  It's the only thing that I didn't tighten down because I didn't have the right size bolt.  Oh and just in case someone is watching this thread.  No need to get a longer bolt or print a new mount for for the z axis endstop.  Just screwed it in from the bottom instead of the top.

elmoret wrote:

Video worked for me, it sounds like you have something loose and it is ratting from the vibration caused by infill in small areas.

I'm not sure it's infill.  I listen to it a few times, and I hear the buzz while it's printing the outer perimeter from left to right , then again as it's printing the back side from right to left, but only for the last half of the perimeter.

It might be bearing related, or it might be the "X" stepper motor (vref?).  I know mine sounds differently while printing the outer perimeter because it slows down.

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

Thanks for taking a look at the video Pirvan.  Any tips on how to troubleshoot?  I've printed a few things since that video and it doesn't sound as loud as it did in that video, but every once in awhile I do hear a weird noise when it goes left and or right on the x axis.