Topic: Advice on where to start with 3d printer

Hi all I would like to ask some advice on getting into 3d printing. I got some questions

How long does it take to print an object size of a phone case?
What is cost of material for phone casel? I see cost of spool but how much material is used
Once I build a database of models can I use a template choose a model then apply a design Over it?
What software can do this?
Biggest question is suggestions on best printer that can do this. It needs to be a boxed in printer as I will be working outside with this my budget for both printer and scanner Is about 2000 euros

Re: Advice on where to start with 3d printer

sharkattackproducts wrote:

Hi all I would like to ask some advice on getting into 3d printing. I got some questions

How long does it take to print an object size of a phone case?
0.1 mm resolution will take 2 hours
What is cost of material for phone casel? About $1.50
I see cost of spool but how much material is used.
Cura, the printer software, tells you the length say 10 meter for the phone case and the cost .15 per meter.
Once I build a database of models can I use a template choose a model then apply a design Over it? Sure just load the model in any cad program and modify it.
What software can do this? Free tinkercad on www.tinkercad.com or blender or autocad.
Biggest question is suggestions on best printer that can do this. It needs to be a boxed in printer as I will be working outside with this my budget for both printer and scanner Is about 2000 euros.
Hummm this is difficult to answer. A well proven printer is makerbot. Atlas3d is a build your self scanner that cost about $200. A professional scanner sets you back $2000 alone...

Atlas3D scanner, Reprap Prusa i2 3D printer