Topic: Help! Fried 1.0a board.

hi guys. I accidentally shorted 2 pins on my da vinci 1.0a board trying to probe for a fan connection. i was checking the plug on the motherboard for the cable harness the runs to the extruder to power the stock fan. i shorted them, the red led flashed on the board and the lcd went off. everything else seems to have power. i flashed it with repitier or however its spelled and i still have manuel control over the printer, but, when i upload a print it goes to start but to moves the bed all the way down and then stops. Anyone know how to repair this? i just bought the printer last week and I'm really disappointed. I don't know much about electronics and i am desperate for help. Anyone know if i can get a replacement? Ill pay someone who knows how to fix. Maybe a blown fuse?? it was at the J31 connector. thanks.

Re: Help! Fried 1.0a board.

You need to re-configure configuration.h in the Repetier firmware, then re-flash the board after you have the settings right.

Makes sure you have the correct machine in Repetier then upload it again. That fan is 5 volts by the way so if you want to add extra fans you need to tap them directly from the power supply. The Yellow wires are 12 volts and the ground is course Black.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Hi Tyler, I hope you found a solution to your problem of last year. I did something similar to you ..., with exaccly the same result.
Could you point me the right direction ?

For anyone else running into this issue, the problem for me was a blown resistor, specifically R47 right by the 5v rail coming off the PSU connector. Jumping the resistor seems to bring everything back. But I do plan to re solder a new one once I figure out the original rating for it.