Topic: Brand New AiO - error code 0031

I received a brand new AiO for Christmas.  Unfortunately, Its returning 0031 errors on first turn on.  The head moved from left to right fine.  Once it gets into the front right corner it starts making a bad noise.  Shortly after it starts beeping and flashing lights with the error code 0031 on the screen.

I have been unable to log into the xyzprinting page.  The "Log In" page just hangs.

So I tried google and came across a couple posts.  Disconnected cables (those seem fine), home sensor not in correct position (Its hard for me to verify that since the images on those posts are for a different model, not AiO).  Then I found this support page on xyz printings website, http://support.xyzprinting.com/us_en/He … p;level=3.  But honestly the descriptions on this support page are horrible.

Any chance someone has some more advice on this one.  My daughter and I were really looking forward to using this present over Christmas break. sad

Re: Brand New AiO - error code 0031

A couple immediate question...

Which is the Y axis?  I'm assuming X is side to side and Y is front to back.  Is that even a correct assumption? 

Where is "home" during startup for the Y axis?  Is it in the front?

Again assuming the Y axis if front to back.  Is there a way to safely slide the extruder toward the back?  If I carefully push on it...it doesn't move in the front/back direction.  It will move side to side if I'm careful.

Home is back right corner over the drip tray.  And you're correct, Y is front to back and X is side to side.  Sounds like your wiring or sensor itself is faulty. Another possibility is the belts not being parallel causing the gantry to not reach all the way to the back of the printer in order to trigger the home sensor.

Can (Should I be able to?) I manually push the extruder back without risking damage?  If so how much force would be expected to move it?  It moves side to side pretty easy.  (I can push my shapeoko CNC mill back and forth that direction manually pretty easy.)

If it should and doesn't.  What does that suggest?

Now knowing y-axis home is in the back...I'm getting no y movement at all.  On my shapeoko this type of behavior meant incorrect wiring,  which I hope they tested this thing since they built it. Or the driver needed to be tuned up.  Again caught with one quick test.

if the steeper motor is disabled yes you can safely move it.

If its not parallel you could be getting binding.  but the sensor also may not be reading you can check the sense by putting something in it and see if it shows if it is trigered

Take a look at this thread.  It could be a misalignment of the sensor.

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/6814/y-m … rror-0031/

DaVinci 1.0A with Repetier .92
Simplify 3D
E3DV6

I think I might have spotted the problem but wanted to confirm with someone else.  It looks like the carriage for the extruder running on the right side y-axis came too far forward is jammed under the belt wheel.  Image attached.  The let side the belt wheel is free from the carriage.  (Not sure proper word so using carriage.)

Post's attachments

IMG_0758.JPG
IMG_0758.JPG 1.06 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I guess the related question now that I have been looking at this problem for awhile.  What is the best way to un-wedge it?

Never mind.  Solved that one!  Yeah...On to see if things work.