Topic: Print keeps shifting

I am very new to 3D and we purchased a Solidoodle Press for our school.

I have had some success with cubes printing and have calibrated and tightened the bed screws.  I am still getting these prints when we have curved prints.

I have tried adjusting the temperature of the plate and extruder.

We get a good sticking on the first layers (I use a glue stick to help some) but once the print starts to build up it then shifts.  I cannot see any clogs and the extruder seems to work fine.

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated!!

Post's attachments

IMG_2109.JPG
IMG_2109.JPG 23.05 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-11-06 

IMG_2110.JPG
IMG_2110.JPG 29.18 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Print keeps shifting

Skipping is caused by only a handful of things.
First mechanical binding of the axis, ensure smooth motion.
Over extrusion causing the nozzle to drag and forcing a skip, calibrate extrusion.
Overheating of the stepper drivers on the control board, add a fan.
Overheating of the motor itself, adjust VREF or add a heatsink or fan.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

3 (edited by Skyblue 2015-11-07 13:16:32)

A easier solution for my machine was to tighten the set screws on all motors.

Guess I kind of skipped over that one.  Yeah, check your hardware for loose parts. wink

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Can also be filament not unspooling smoothly, or print head cables caught. Either will cause the print head to jam and skip a movement.

It also could be the print bed, I don't know why my glass print bed was loose, so fast movements on the extruder tend to move the glass a little, i removed it and used  blue tape over the metal print bed, and the desplacement disappeared

I'm having the same issue and have noticed that it happens almost always at the same time - I've greased all the rails and tightened screws, but am noticing that my motor controlling forward/back movement (located in the top left of the machine) is getting super hot - enough to burn you if touched. My guess is that this is causing the slipping, since it is only ever in this orientation in my prints, and happens after about 20-30mins of print time.

Looks like about the same point in a print as yours @cardwells
http://soliforum.com/i/?9eWGwhS.jpg