1 (edited by graepfruit4 2015-11-05 18:04:37)

Topic: XYZware Advanced Mode

I was working on the filament reset project (davinci jr), when I came across an "advanced mode" that is throughout the whole program, and is never enabled. With a little rework, I enabled it, and was pleasantly surprised. I even believe it will allow you to select your own firmware .bin files, which will make my project much more simple.

Features range from the previously mentioned firmware selection to a gcode editor, printer information and commands, jog controls, and real time gcode injection.

Here's the interface:
http://i.imgur.com/7Auc0L6.png

Instructions:
Download the zip file, extract the executable, and replace the one in you're xyz folder with it. Your XYZ folder is usually "C:\Program Files\XYZware" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\XYZware"

Download:
XYZ.zip

Re: XYZware Advanced Mode

Great stuff dude  smile

The normal XYZware wrote to the SD card to stop the resetter working on my Duo. Does your version stop this?

Is there an option for supports? This software always wants to use half a reel for supports. Id rather set the angle to 45 deg!

Honestly, I have very little 3d printing experience, and haven't had time to try all the features. Feel free to give it a shot, it doesn't take away any functionality, and you can always go back.

5 (edited by cazzer 2015-11-07 23:41:49)

Well I modified the gcode and it estimated that it would use no filament on the display of the Jr.
It also says its 100% complete and it has an estimate of 1 minute.
The job i printing.
I'll give you an update when it finishes if a) it prints it and B it alters the spool amount

Scratch that, I just printed a stupidly small object.
Trying with a bigger one now.
Gonna take a while to print.

Oh well that would have been too easy. It uses the g code for the front panel info but it still decrements the spool.

thanks dude! sounds very good, but i still do not understand how to do. can anyone explain?

Would love to see a Mac port of this just to find out what can actually be modified and accepted by the printer. Anyone got a link for a Mac version?

do all versions have this advanced mode sw

None of the real time stuff seems to work, but it seems that the Jr does not normally send status updates very often. The info popup only updates about once per minute, unless manually reopened. Has anyone tried these features with a different model XYZ printer?

DocD7 wrote:

Would love to see a Mac port of this just to find out what can actually be modified and accepted by the printer. Anyone got a link for a Mac version?

I, too, would like to see advanced mode in the Macintosh version. Has anyone found/unlocked this?

So as cool as this is. im kind of a noob at 3D printing and the davinci Jr is my first 3D printer so im not sure what im supposed to do with all these new options could someone run me though kind of a tutorial on it?

Graepfruit4,

How hard was it to turn on the advanced mode? I have a Da Vinci 1.0 Pro running XYZware for Pro.
Currently I have both XYZwrae for Pro and XYZware (downloaded for Da Vinic 1.0) running on my computer.

I first slicer my model in either XYZware for Pro or Slic3r, then load the .3w file into the XYZware with your "unlocked" file swapped in.
I can then adjust my heat setting as it allows me to set higher temps than factory so I get much nicer ABS prints and great layer bonding. Currently I have my Da Vinci 1.0 Pro running an extruder temp of 255°C and bed temp of 110°C. factory limited to 240°C and 90°C.

I am not a program at all, but a some what skilled CAD operator and created models 3D printed in metal to support the aviation and power industry for a living. Just getting into running a 3D prinitng at home.

If the modification to the program is not too difficult would you post or message me how the process to do it. Or possibly take a look at the XYZware for Pro and see if you could tweak it quickly?

I am working on getting Slic3r to output a file that can be directly imported into XYZware for Pro and printed without any mods. Currently I can slice the file, but need to replace the head with the XYZ and adjust about half the settigns manually.

Thanks,
   smose

Sorry for long post, but your finds are very interesting to me and many other 1.0 Pro printer users as it is difficult to use other slicer software so far.

XYZware for 1.0 PRO has a new version as of 2/3/16.
Version 1.1.4.1 can import and print GCODE from Slic3r and Cura.

Some people like me though are having some issues mostly temperature.

New features and improvements:

• XYZware for Pro supports importing G-code format files created by Cura & Slic3r.

• Improved the quality of thin thickness objects print.

• Shortened the time of 3w format files creating.

Has anyone downloaded this recently?

When I tried to download it, my computer told me the file had been scanned and a virus had been found, so it automatically deleted the file.

Gimpdiggity wrote:

When I tried to download it, my computer told me the file had been scanned and a virus had been found, so it automatically deleted the file.

Considering how their software calls home and monitors your activity, then disables the printer if it see third partry filament. I would consider it a virus as well..

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

17 (edited by DocD7 2016-03-11 02:08:50)

carl_m1968 wrote:
Gimpdiggity wrote:

Considering how their software calls home and monitors your activity, then disables the printer if it see third partry filament. I would consider it a virus as well..

LOL

Any way to use this on Mac yet?

drakedanner wrote:

Any way to use this on Mac yet?

Only with a VM running Windows.

Hello,

I cant change the extruder temperature with the advanced mode.
im using the da vinci jr.
Can someone help me out?

This is great, trying it out :-)

Nick93 wrote:

Hello,

Can someone help me out?

The JR uses the RFID in the spool to set temps. That overrides any changes you might make since it is checke at the start of every job. The version of software the JR uses is different from the other Da Vinci models.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Nick93 wrote:

Hello,

Can someone help me out?

I have used slic3r to generate the gcode and then convert to .3w with ThreeDubber (can be found in this forum).
I set the temperature in slic3r verified these temperature during printing and it works. I also changed temperatures in the advanced mode, but I had to change at least on three places. As I understand it there is one temperature for the first layer and a second temperature for the rest of the print. I always print from the SD-card.

holdoff wrote:
Nick93 wrote:

Hello,

Can someone help me out?

I have used slic3r to generate the gcode and then convert to .3w with ThreeDubber (can be found in this forum).
I set the temperature in slic3r verified these temperature during printing and it works. I also changed temperatures in the advanced mode, but I had to change at least on three places. As I understand it there is one temperature for the first layer and a second temperature for the rest of the print. I always print from the SD-card.

where can i find the rumored "threedubber"

holdoff wrote:
Nick93 wrote:

Hello,

Can someone help me out?

where can i find the rumored "threedubber"