Topic: has anyone used these?

Alchement ABS?
OHFILA ABS?
CuteQueen?
ESUN?
Hatchbox?
Elephant?

Ive heard good things about Hatchbox and Inland, but ive also heard negative? all of these filaments are on amazon, with prime, 1kg rolls, just wondering if anyone has tried them. and what they thought.

Re: has anyone used these?

switchblade5984 wrote:

Alchement ABS?
OHFILA ABS?
CuteQueen?
ESUN?
Hatchbox?
Elephant?

Ive heard good things about Hatchbox and Inland, but ive also heard negative? all of these filaments are on amazon, with prime, 1kg rolls, just wondering if anyone has tried them. and what they thought.

Inland is Microcenters house brand and you can get it cheaper there. I have had no issues with it. Esun is Chinese and I have found your mileage varies. Hatchbox is supposed to be the cream of the crop. All the others are Chinese as well. One thing you learn with filament is you get what you pay for. It is hit or miss. Case in point I love PET+ filament from MadeSolid. I bought a spool of Goldenrod (yellow) and printed a balljointed robot. There is a post about it in the filament selection. The stuff was beautiful and supports broke away easily leaving no marks. I bought a spool of almond (off white) this weekend and have nothing but troubles and failures trying to get it dialed in.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

are the glow in the darks harder on nozzles?

switchblade5984 wrote:

are the glow in the darks harder on nozzles?

Glow in the dark is no worse than regular PLA. The stuff that is hard on nozzles are the filaments that have particles in them like wood, steel, brass, carbon fiber, magnetic iron, and so on.

OP:
Hatchbox and Inland are surprisingly good for the cost. I personally prefer Octave or filament made from my Filastruder (*8~ per kg).

If you ever want to play with PLA, I highly recommend Makerbot or ProtoPasta if you can afford either. Run like hell from JustPLA.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

Also stay away from from Fry's house brand called Shaxon. Nothing but bad luck there as well.

7 (edited by heartless 2015-10-21 14:27:33)

Alchement ABS? Never heard of it
OHFILA ABS? Never heard of it
CuteQueen? Never heard of it
ESUN? - heard mixed reviews - most like it
Hatchbox? - ABS - Use it and like it - a lot
Elephant? -Never heard of it

for Inland filament - both ABS and PLA - definitely buy directly from Microcenter.com - $14.99 there, while Amazon price is $17.99... we have purchased several rolls from them and shipping is quite quick... usually have the product in 3-5 days, depending on when it was ordered

recently placed an order for some Hatchbox ABS through Amazon - took more than a week for the seller to even get it shipped with no communication about why it was delayed...once shipped it only took a couple of days, but geez...

Octave brand ABS (https://www.octave.com) is very good stuff - consistent quality across all the colors I have used (around a dozen)

I have had pretty good luck with Monoprice PLA (http://www.monoprice.com) but their ABS is not so great - it is just OK - colors are kind of faded looking once printed, and the quality is so-so...seems to print OK thru the stock SD4 hotend, but my E3D doesn't like it at all.

Glow in the dark filaments are not generally abrasive, but seem to like lower temps than similar filaments - I have 2 GITD ABS colors that print about 15-20 degrees cooler than my other ABS filaments do...

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

I am on my 3rd roll of MakerGeeks ABS filament...very impressed with the consistency on the diameter; and it prints great.  $21.50 for 1KG spool.

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

9 (edited by widespreaddeadhead 2015-10-21 15:49:32)

Used Hatchbox PLA and ABS, Octave ABS, ColorFabb Bronzefill, and MakerBot PLA. Would recommend all, but Hatchbox is the cheapest and gives me fantastic results. Octave only makes ABS. Just printed a darth vader pen cup with Hatchbox black PLA and it looks so good. I've used Hatchbox Glow in the Dark PLA for tons of items too, wonderful stuff.

FuseBox 1.5 CoreXY - e3dv6 - Graphic Smart Display
Solidoodle 2 - e3dv6 - Hobb Goblin - e3d Titan - lawsy carriages - Direct Drive Y Axis - T8 Z axis - OctoPi

IronMan wrote:

I am on my 3rd roll of MakerGeeks ABS filament...very impressed with the consistency on the diameter; and it prints great.  $21.50 for 1KG spool.

I have also got very good results with MakerGeeks ABS Filament.  They are by far my favorite.  I have used hatchbox and it ok but I like MakerGeeks much, much better.

DaVinci 1.0A with Repetier .92
Simplify 3D
E3DV6

I use mostly the inland brand PLA  seems decent.
Makergeeks is USA made

Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura