Topic: printing with white color

Is it just me or white is tricky to print? I tried ABS and PLA same brand, prints are fine in black, orange, red, gray ect... but white,,, they look like a cow arse... start fine but getting delam, uneven layer ect... should I just avoid white and print with natural? Thx in advance.

2 (edited by carl_m1968 2015-10-09 23:49:45)

Re: printing with white color

The colorant added to filament affects them a lot. Yes white is the worst. For a wonderful time try natural.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Thx for this answer! I was sure you guys were going to ask me to go take a piss test!!!

4 (edited by pirvan 2015-10-10 18:54:19)

Here's your cup...  lol

I just went this morning for bloodwork at Kaiser, and they gave me a cup too.

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

I use White Hatchbox PLA with great results.

FuseBox 1.5 CoreXY - e3dv6 - Graphic Smart Display
Solidoodle 2 - e3dv6 - Hobb Goblin - e3d Titan - lawsy carriages - Direct Drive Y Axis - T8 Z axis - OctoPi

I use the white PLA we sell. I would be happy to send out samples and provide photos of what I have printed with it.

www.Revolve3D.com
[email protected]
3D Printer Filament, ABS Pellets, PLA pellets, Colorant, and Accessories

that Revolve filament is great stuff. had pellets Filastruded (by another member here) for me that I won in Christmas giveaway with custom colors provided by Revolve to the guy that done it and we shared the filament. colors mix well with no fade/marbling.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

maybe I am lucky, but I have had no real problems using white filament - either PLA or ABS.
I have found that white generally likes a slightly lower temp than other colors (yellow too) by a few degrees, but with good calibrations it is no harder to work with than any other color.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

yep and red/black even lower temps as those colors seem to ooze easier maybe even readjust flow rate a bit as if fililament is thicker than it is

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

n2ri wrote:

yep and red/black even lower temps as those colors seem to ooze easier maybe even readjust flow rate a bit as if fililament is thicker than it is

Red seems to be more of a pain for me than any other color - but black seems to want a slightly higher temps - on my printer anyway...
for me it seems lighter colors = lower temps, darker colors = higher temps... and glow in the dark's are way different - usually a fair bit lower than other colors of a similar material (ABS for me) If I run white & yellow at 235C, the GITD is more like 220-225C

point is, temp should be checked/calibrated for each color.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater

heartless wrote:
n2ri wrote:

Red seems to be more of a pain for me than any other color - but black seems to want a slightly higher temps - on my printer anyway...
for me it seems lighter colors = lower temps, darker colors = higher temps... and glow in the dark's are way different - usually a fair bit lower than other colors of a similar material (ABS for me) If I run white & yellow at 235C, the GITD is more like 220-225C

point is, temp should be checked/calibrated for each color.

flow rate also and remeasure filament dia each roll for that too.

i do measure diameter for each new roll/color I get, and do a proper calibration for flow for each one, too - then save a profile for that particular roll/color.

getting temps set correctly for each one can sometimes be a challenge, tho - that info doesn't really get saved in the filament profiles  tongue

Just want to back Revolve3D. I make spectacular filament with their pellets!
White, Black, Orange....all good stuff.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!