1 (edited by Tin Falcon 2015-09-11 00:11:14)

Topic: Time to remember...

That day in september...

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss301/TinFalcon/911MEMsteel.jpg

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss301/TinFalcon/911memfire.jpg

A couple of memorials I drive by every day hard to believe how the years have passed.

So if you like post a pic of your local memorial or tell the tale of what you were doing that morning.

Suddenly I was active duty and working 12 hour shifts.
Tin( I was standing on the wing of an an f-16 that morning ) Falcon

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Re: Time to remember...

We don't have any memorials near me here in rural Wisconsin, but we don't forget either.

I was driving truck back then - was in Orlando, FL delivering paper - was in between stops when it first came over the airwaves. Got to my next stop and couldn't find anyone on the loading dock... found them all in the break room glued to the TV on the wall. arrived in time to see the 2nd tower hit... will never, ever forget.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

found them all in the break room glued to the TV on the wall. arrived in time to see the 2nd tower hit... will never, ever forget.

Sounds so familiar found out about the first attack. then found everyone in sight huddled in the break room around the tv. The second strike hit hard at that point we looked at each other and realized it was no accident but a planned attack. In 45 minutes we had the birds armed and in th the air. The sky was very empty and quiet for days with the exception of our birds.
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed

4 (edited by josh.aeauto 2015-09-11 00:20:02)

I was in third grade, but remember it well. School let out early and we had prayer before dismissal.

It was the events on 9/11 that inspired me to become a volunteer firefighter.
Sadly, we don't have any local memorials other than decals on the trucks.

Tin - thank you for your service and for keeping our country safe. I have much respect for everyone who serves/served in the armed forces.

http://soliforum.com/i/?IsZ4kgQ.jpg

-Prusa i3 MK2s
-Airwolf HD2x w/ E3D v6 + Volcano
-Custom built Solidoodle 3 clone w/ E3D v6+ Volcano    -Solidoodle Press w/ E3D Lite6
Filastruder #1577

I was a sophomore in high school. About to put on a radio show.

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

I remember when I first heard about it on the radio, thinking - nah, there is no way. This has to be some kind of fake story like "War of the Worlds" way back when ... when I got to that second stop and saw for myself it was no joke... everyone was dead silent as they watched in stunned disbelief, trying to make sense of it all, and failing...

I appreciate and thank all of our service men and women that put themselves in harms way defending our country.
I also appreciate those who put themselves in harms way in civilian life - firefighters, police, & first responders.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater

I was standing on the Flight Deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln CVN-72 standing watch in Everett Washington, when I heard the news. We were in port that day and a few weeks later, we were called in to deploy and be battle ready on short notice.

For those who missed this, I believe it aired only once:

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

yeah, that has only aired on tv once, but has been passed around on fb quite a bit.

little tidbit for ya - near the end, when they are getting ready to bow, watch the feet...there is snow in hooves - there was some serious cg work done to make this video. The horses were filmed in the winter time.

10 (edited by Tin Falcon 2016-09-11 10:23:23)

It is that time of year again!!! It has been 15 years.
Tin

11 (edited by Tin Falcon 2016-09-11 20:57:19)

911 boat lift the largest sea evacuation in history Approx 500 thousand people evacuated from Manhattan Island in 9 Hours.
This documentary was made 5 years ago go not recall hearing of this, worth the 12 minutes to watch .

Tin

Was at home (I live in Europe, Romania). When I switch on the TV it was on all stations that a plane hit World Trade Center. At that time was unclear why. And suddendly the second one hit (it was live) and everybody realised the awuful truth sad.

Fat kids are harder to kidnap!

I was at work, listened to it on JohnBoy & Billy.  The clown of a boss we had at the time wouldn't let us turn on a TV, so I didn't see anything til ~4:30 that afternoon after every TV station on the planet rearranged things to suit their liking. 
The History Channel had an all day very informative if somewhat repetitive documentary yesterday. 
Terrible event!  The taliban/pre isis/terrorists should have been obliterated immediately, within days instead of where we are at now.  /rant off/

Ender 3 Pro

It was a long day for me  0600 work call  1000 was told by one of the bosses I/we were on active Duty Military as of 0600 and meet in the break room for an 1100 meeting . By noon I was heading Home to get some sleep only to return to work at 2000 to begin a 12 hour shift  . The guys selected for the Day crew worked a 14 hour shift that day. And since were were now active duty there was no overtime.  12 hours shifts no days off until further notice>. It took IIRC we only worked a week or two until we got the rest of the team on active duty then we worked  5 12s for a long while . 
The only airplanes I saw in the sky for days were My units F16s.
Tin