1 (edited by fetasigma 2015-06-23 00:53:11)

Topic: Dreaded 0011 error....fixed

I have a davinci 1.0a and have gotten the dreaded 0011 error and my extruder is not heating at all.  i am in the process of getting a multimeter to check diffrent areas of failure this afternoon, but i do know for certian that it is not the connector as i have already tried to splice that together.  if it is reading a temperature at all is the thermister not an issue?  any ideas on where i should start poking around when i get home?

Re: Dreaded 0011 error....fixed

Maybe the heater cartridge itself has gone bad.

fetasigma wrote:

I have a davinci 1.0a and have gotten the dreaded 0011 error and my extruder is not heating at all.  i am in the process of getting a multimeter to check diffrent areas of failure this afternoon, but i do know for certian that it is not the connector as i have already tried to splice that together.  if it is reading a temperature at all is the thermister not an issue?  any ideas on where i should start poking around when i get home?

Still could be the thermistor. Should read around 27 or so at room temp. Depending on room temp of course. If it does then the thermistor is probably ok.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

4 (edited by fetasigma 2015-06-18 18:56:45)

that is exactly what it was  reading last night, i may hook it back up and apply an external heat source and see how it responds to an increse in temp to verify that it is working.  that and maybe hook the extruder it up to a good 12 v power supply and see if it gest hot. check out both of thoose ideas

ok so I did some testing on the unit myself with my multimeter, there is continuity in the heater circuit and it heats up under external power just fine.  The resistance on the circuit is 4 ohms, the thermoresister on the extruder head responds to external temperature changes just fine.  There is continuity in the lines between the main motherboard and the the extruder head.  There is no power coming off the main board to power the extruder so the problem appears to be coming from the motherboard.  does anyone know if there is a step by step guide on fixing the resistor on the main board ?

fetasigma wrote:

ok so I did some testing on the unit myself with my multimeter, there is continuity in the heater circuit and it heats up under external power just fine.  The resistance on the circuit is 4 ohms, the thermoresister on the extruder head responds to external temperature changes just fine.  There is continuity in the lines between the main motherboard and the the extruder head.  There is no power coming off the main board to power the extruder so the problem appears to be coming from the motherboard.  does anyone know if there is a step by step guide on fixing the resistor on the main board ?

I am in your same boat now. I went ahead and purchased a new heater from xyz I am still waiting for their wire. (they sent the wrong one) I tested the resistors as others suggested and they appear to be within acceptable range..

Customer service is a joke.

fetasigma wrote:

I am in your same boat now. I went ahead and purchased a new heater from xyz I am still waiting for their wire. (they sent the wrong one) I tested the resistors as others suggested and they appear to be within acceptable range..

Customer service is a joke.

fetasigma wrote:

Can't really step by step soldering. You either know how to do it or not. You just have to confirm if they are bad. Shoul measure a few ohms or less each. They are close to shorts but designed to burn out like fuses.

If they are bad you just desolder them and solder new on in place. Or you can just solder new ones as piggy back on top of the old ones.

What burns them out is cleaning with the brass brush while the heater is energized.

fetasigma wrote:

Can't really step by step soldering. You either know how to do it or not. You just have to confirm if they are bad. Shoul measure a few ohms or less each. They are close to shorts but designed to burn out like fuses.

If they are bad you just desolder them and solder new on in place. Or you can just solder new ones as piggy back on top of the old ones.

What burns them out is cleaning with the brass brush while the heater is energized.

I know how to solder,  but these boards are a bit smaller than the boards I worked on from 100 years ago when I did this sort of stuff for fun before college.  I have narrowed it down to the r271 and I want to fix it the way that I have found on this thread,

http://voltivo.com/forum/davinci-peersu … heater-fix

but I am now in the waiting game to see if I cant get them to just send me new parts instead

11 (edited by fetasigma 2015-06-23 00:58:00)

ok so guys I am back in action, I went ahead and added the deans connectors even though they were not the problem and relocated the 12v(left wire for the extruder) to the hot wire for the bed and she is back up and printing like a gem.  I also added a fuse to the hot line for the extruder.  I got the fix from another forum, not my picture btw
http://soliforum.com/i/?Lp70FcH.jpg