Re: bit of trouble

adamp wrote:

adding a fan to the back pointing at the circuit board seems to be doing the trick, i did notice that since I built the acrylic case for my solidoodle the metal frame got very hot so maybe that heat was getting to the circuit board... printed a few long duration parts now without a problem, maybe I will print a proper fan mount for the back for a long term fix as I have just done what Irish said and place a fan on my desk pointing at it. Seems odd that heat to the circuit board could cause such problems.

Just curious what your environment is like where the SD is printing? Is it excessively warm near a heater or near a window where the sun can hit it? it does seem odd that the chips would overheat that easy, I know there are a lot of people running these with covers on them and in warm rooms also the same drivers are in a lot of totally enclosed robots however it would be a little harder to see problems in the bots as they don't leave a physical record like the SD wink Although I guess there could be just some of those chips that are more sensitive to overheating than others.