Topic: Welcome to ATLAS 3D & FreeLSS

This forum is dedicated to the ATLAS 3D scanner and the FreeLSS software it runs on.  Feel free to ask questions, post results, and general comments about these topics.

Re: Welcome to ATLAS 3D & FreeLSS

First! big_smile

Second lol. I have my pi 2 shipped to me today. Who else has ordered one

All the hardware I need to pre-purchase is in my hands awaiting the KS reward, design files, and sources.

Finally! KS comment section is just messy...

An additional bonus, these forums support RSS feeds! Best way to never miss a post.

FSL3D Pegasus Touch (not yet used, out for updating/upgrading)
Kudos3D (still in box/kit form, for sale)

Wonder when the last group of stl files will be released.  I have printed all the previous files and from the pictures on kickstarter i can see there are just a few items left to print.

Atlas3D scanner, Reprap Prusa i2 3D printer

I plan on reworking the large/straight parts to be cut on my X-Carve, whenever it is that it arrives. I refuse to print anything that takes over an hour. wink

All parts are printed waiting on KS parts

SD3, RAMPS 1.4, Lawsy's carriages modified by me, 2 SSRs, E3D V6, 2 Power supplies, Independent monitoring of both power supplies (amps and volts) also extruder and bed temps, Blue Tooth connectivity, bearings in all axis & rotational points, Y axis direct drive.  Remotely controlled power box on / off . Gecko Tec build plate . Renamed FrankenDoodle

Have to wait for my 3d printer shipping the same month before I can start printing the parts, but I ordered and received 2 raspberry pi 2s.

Hey tuxedomask29  are you waiting  for a 3D pirate Buccaneer ?

I think it's really great that you created this it will make the release and getting started process much easier with an active forum, thanks.

cmwatcds wrote:

Second lol. I have my pi 2 shipped to me today. Who else has ordered one

Got my pi2 a month ago!

bastien wrote:

I gave up on the Buccaneer and got a refund.  My Craftbot is pretty awesome except for the lack to sufficient heating for the bed to do ABS.  But, CraftUnique is (supposedly) working on an upgrade for ABS.
My 2 Prusa-clones are almost retired and my Ultimaker clone is broken for now.  The Thing-O-Matic has not been powered in years.

fmotta wrote:
bastien wrote:

I gave up on the Buccaneer and got a refund.  My Craftbot is pretty awesome except for the lack to sufficient heating for the bed to do ABS.  But, CraftUnique is (supposedly) working on an upgrade for ABS.
My 2 Prusa-clones are almost retired and my Ultimaker clone is broken for now.  The Thing-O-Matic has not been powered in years.

Off-Topic. Theres another 3D Printer like the Buccaneer coming to KS next week: Tiko 3D (Price starting at $179).

@Bastien - No, waiting for Cobblebot Little Monster

Hello, I've had my Atlas parts for quite a while now, but only just a few weeks ago got my New Matter MOD-t printer.  I made the Atlas my priority as a first print to really put the MOD-t through its paces.  Looking forward to getting some scans made outta this baby.

I just got this Atlas 3d scanner assembled. I cannot figure this thing out! When powered on the lasers come on, there is no light that comes on, on the camera nor the raspberry pi 2 B. The flash drive doesn't even light up when inserted into the raspberry pi..........

does motor make whine noise? if so double check power supply/connection or its plug prongs. or it could be a couple wires placed wrong if instructions not followed good. also make sure all components are intact, one member found the small CB came without chip plugged into it. my PSU had issues staying plugged in also internal connections loose.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

nope motor does nothing and is wired correctly

ok I have lights and such......any tricks to getting it to connect with the computer? Ive tried what the instructions said 4 times and still wont connect.

yeah WIFI has issues with drivers and lag etc. some of us just used ethernet cable and some loaded drivers or new dongle.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

I tried a usb from the scanner to my laptop.....couldn't find it. idk if that will work or not?

dont connect usb it can short out things as the other board supplys power to Pi

jwmustanggt,

The camera and Pi lights were not coming on before but are now?
Have you tried attaching an HDMI adapter and USB keyboard/mouse to the Pi and then rebooting?
What messages are you seeing when trying to connect to the Pi using the USB network configuration steps from the instructions?

Uriah