Re: Geeetech products warning...

I purchased their Delta Rostock G2s Dual Extruder printer, and Geeetech definitely seems to have an issue with quality control.

The sad part is, if they actually took the time to fully vet their suppliers and demand quality parts, their designs would work fine.

.. and would probably only cost about $20/$30 more.

An example - the acrylic top of the G2/G2s needs to be 8mm-9mm for the frame to hold tightly together, but I received a 7mm piece. Only took a trip to the hardware store and some well placed 1.5mm thick washers, but for the non-mechanically inclined, this would be a showstopper.

I have modified their Wiki page on reprap.org (http://reprap.org/wiki/Delta_Rostock_mi … embly_Tips) with the assembly modifications I needed to do to make it all work, but now that I have done that, it prints nicely for a $350 machine.

At least, it prints nicely enough to print parts for a better (homegrown) machine!

ezrec wrote:

I purchased their Delta Rostock G2s Dual Extruder printer, and Geeetech definitely seems to have an issue with quality control.

The sad part is, if they actually took the time to fully vet their suppliers and demand quality parts, their designs would work fine.

.. and would probably only cost about $20/$30 more.

An example - the acrylic top of the G2/G2s needs to be 8mm-9mm for the frame to hold tightly together, but I received a 7mm piece. Only took a trip to the hardware store and some well placed 1.5mm thick washers, but for the non-mechanically inclined, this would be a showstopper.

I have modified their Wiki page on reprap.org (http://reprap.org/wiki/Delta_Rostock_mi … embly_Tips) with the assembly modifications I needed to do to make it all work, but now that I have done that, it prints nicely for a $350 machine.

At least, it prints nicely enough to print parts for a better (homegrown) machine!

When it comes to Geeeeeeeeeeeetech you may want to use the terms "Their designs" loosely. Most of their stuff is direct copies of already existing parts and printers. Or they took two existing designs and combined them.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

I also tried to buy the aluminum model of their i3.
I won the auction for $290 usd and when I was about to pay, they needed another $45 for shipping.
The listing was stated as free shipping. Also all their stuff on ebay are free shipping.
I send a couple of emails, and their reply was "sorry for the inconvenience. It is because the price is too low"
I tried reporting them to ebay, but because I didn't pay yet I can't do nothing.

archit3ct wrote:

I also tried to buy the aluminum model of their i3.
I won the auction for $290 usd and when I was about to pay, they needed another $45 for shipping.
The listing was stated as free shipping. Also all their stuff on ebay are free shipping.
I send a couple of emails, and their reply was "sorry for the inconvenience. It is because the price is too low"
I tried reporting them to ebay, but because I didn't pay yet I can't do nothing.

you can report listing abuse even without biding on items. thats fraud posting one price then trying to jack it during paypal. they could have canceled bids and auction 24hrs b4 ending if they had a true mistake. otherwise thats a binding contract. they can be banned from posting and shut down min suspended 2 weeks for such actions.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

n2ri wrote:

you can report listing abuse even without biding on items. thats fraud posting one price then trying to jack it during paypal. they could have canceled bids and auction 24hrs b4 ending if they had a true mistake. otherwise thats a binding contract. they can be banned from posting and shut down min suspended 2 weeks for such actions.

this - without a doubt!

send copies of emails & a screen shot of the listing showing the "free shipping" to ebay. (or the listing number, they can find it)
do not just let it go.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

I reported it on ebay as "Payment Surcharge". It was the only category I could find that suits the case.
The thing is that I cannot write any comment about it or describe the incident. It just sends a report for the item.
Even in ebay community nobody answered me..

Anyway geeetech's replies are getting even worse. I said to them if they wanted to get more biddings they should put a reserve price or an offer.

And their answer:

Hi friend,
It is my mistake, I forgot to set the reserve price.
But the price is really very reasonable.
Thanks a lot for your kindly understanding.

Boy, I'm glad I read this before buying one on Ebay. At first I thought I'd be OK, if I have to do a bit of tweaking to get their kit working that's not too bad for the significant $$$ savings. However, if there is likely to be problems with the electronics then no thank you, sounds like throwing good money after bad.

On their Ebay page (Geeetech) their feedback is 99.8%.

They must be gaming their ratings, right???

I had an Illinois based seller try to hit me with sales tax at checkout when I live in Texas. They told me one of their shipping centers was here in Texas an that is why they had to charge tax.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.