Re: Raspberry Pi as print server running Repetier-Server

So I had this working great, but now I am receiving "error: last line number not line number..."blablabla pc load letter. Anyone else getting this error? I was in the middle of a print when this happened, and it caused my printer to pause intermittently.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
SD2 with Sanguinololu board, glass bed mod, E3d_v5 bowden version hotend (currently direct drive), Lawsy Mk5 jigsaw replacement, octopi printserver, drv8825(tiny troubles)

coleke wrote:

How is the pi connected to the sanguino? Does it connect like an ordinary laptop through the usb port? Ridiculously noob question, but had to ask. Thanks for the config!! Have to wait for my wifi adapter to arrive before I can do a full test, but got Repetier-Server up and running.

PCM81, All you need to do is download the archived, precompiled file off of the downloads section from http://www.repetier.com/repetier-server-download/, read the install.txt and copy/paste the commands into the terminal. I actually had problems installing the lastest NOOBS, so I went with Raspbian Weezer instead (whoo hoo I look just like Buddy Holly).

I imaged the Pi with NOOBS-Raspbian, installed repetier server and it all seems to work as expected. I may need to re-profile, it seems i am getting a bit too much extrusion, but i also changed fillament spool, so that may be the culprit. Mounted pi on the back of the doodle in clear case, powering it with cellphone wall charger from same UPS as i am powering the doodle.

Is the repetier server really the best option from these 3 choices (repetier, octoprint, printerface)?
Are these 3 the only choices for raspberry pi model B? I'm a bit confused which one to use for the raspi.
I'm new to 3dprinting and still waiting for my solidoodle 2 pro model and raspberry pi model B, and I've never used a linux before but I really want the raspi combo for the SD2 to make it a standalone printer.

Solidoodle 2 Pro Model (New Solidoodle Motherboard and Aluminum Bed)
www.360virtualtourist.com

pcm81 wrote:

I am a linux noob and i have a noob question/request:

I got raspberry pi version B. I installed Raspbian distribution from NOOBS image to the 16GB card in the pi.
Wired and wireless network works fine, but i was not (yet) successfull in installing repetier to the pi.
Repetier website states that repetier needs Mono framework, but when i try to download MONO i get an error stating that not all packages are avaiable off the network. Is there a downloadable version or is there a certain software server i need to add to search path?

I am a linux noob, so treat me as such.
Thanks ahead.

I'm in the same boat as you...working through it using NOOBS 1.2.1, I'll post if I can get it running.

I am still trying to get the repetier server to accept my config.  Can someone take pity on me and tell me what I can't see I missed.  This is driving me crazy.

Post's attachments

lathon.cfg.txt 1.65 kb, 2 downloads since 2014-08-14 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.