76

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

Hi guys, great work you are doing here. Thought I'd register and join in!

I'm UK based too (Manchester) and I'd love to get in on this.

I've got an empty 100m clear blue tag to swap. I do not currently have an android device that would be able to reset the tag, so would appreciate any that are sent to me to be reset to 300m. (And know you'll have to reset this one I send)

I'm about 20m into a 200m roll of black too, so once that becomes available I'll post again.

Send me a PM if interested or hit me up on Facebook.

Thanks
Mark

77

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

Good news !
I've dealed a swap with cgrillo, and it works like a charm.
The tag is recognized and print problemless with 300/200 filament left...

My printer : Da Vinci Mini W

78

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

silentman wrote:

Good news !
I've dealed a swap with cgrillo, and it works like a charm.
The tag is recognized and print problemless with 300/200 filament left...

My printer : Da Vinci Mini W

The 300/200 is unusual as it showed 300/300 in my Jr !!
But it's good that we know swapping tags works and that they can be set to 300m for use in a Mini.

79

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

cgrillo wrote:
silentman wrote:

Good news !
I've dealed a swap with cgrillo, and it works like a charm.
The tag is recognized and print problemless with 300/200 filament left...

My printer : Da Vinci Mini W

The 300/200 is unusual as it showed 300/300 in my Jr !!
But it's good that we know swapping tags works and that they can be set to 300m for use in a Mini.

Yep ! in the mini it's 300/200 wink I will'nt make any firmware update anymore...

80

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

Velvet Mark wrote:

Hi guys, great work you are doing here. Thought I'd register and join in!

I'm UK based too (Manchester) and I'd love to get in on this.

I've got an empty 100m clear blue tag to swap. I do not currently have an android device that would be able to reset the tag, so would appreciate any that are sent to me to be reset to 300m. (And know you'll have to reset this one I send)

I'm about 20m into a 200m roll of black too, so once that becomes available I'll post again.

Send me a PM if interested or hit me up on Facebook.

Thanks
Mark

Sent you a PM smile

81

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

Velvet Mark wrote:

Hi guys, great work you are doing here. Thought I'd register and join in!

I'm UK based too (Manchester) and I'd love to get in on this.

I've got an empty 100m clear blue tag to swap. I do not currently have an android device that would be able to reset the tag, so would appreciate any that are sent to me to be reset to 300m. (And know you'll have to reset this one I send)

I'm about 20m into a 200m roll of black too, so once that becomes available I'll post again.

Send me a PM if interested or hit me up on Facebook.

Thanks
Mark

Sent you a PM smile

82 (edited by sicicop 2017-01-09 20:44:32)

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

Hi all
I'm from Madrid and would like to swap my tag, as soon as finished. I have changed the values and now is 300 meters long (It was 100 m, black colour).
I will post again when the spool will running out.

Bozotclown1970, can you please add me in the list?.

Thanks

83

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

sicicop wrote:

Bozotclown1970, can you please add me in the list?.

Thanks

Done

84

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

GSE wrote:
Salut Cgrillo,
je suis attentif a ce que vous faites.
S'il vous plaît pourriez-vous fournir le mot de passe pour les éléments suivants:
[00]: 0439E752
[01]: 229A3D80
[02]: 05480000
[03]: E1101200
[04]: 0103A00C
[05]: 340300FE
[06]: 00000000
[07]: 00000000
Merci d'avance je fait suivre le code dés reception.

31 93 CB 76

action failed le code ne marche pas

85

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

Hi mates, Happy new year to all!.

Wouldn't be a good idea to have a registry of what tag IDS are already used by users?.
In places like England that there are many people, it can prevent a user to send you in the future a TAG already used by you.

Is anyone registering that info?.

Best regards!,
CoolArts.

86

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

CoolArts wrote:

Hi mates, Happy new year to all!.

Wouldn't be a good idea to have a registry of what tag IDS are already used by users?.
In places like England that there are many people, it can prevent a user to send you in the future a TAG already used by you.

Is anyone registering that info?.

Best regards!,
CoolArts.

Look at post 1 here:-
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/15817/da … -requests/

87

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

cgrillo wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

Hi mates, Happy new year to all!.

Wouldn't be a good idea to have a registry of what tag IDS are already used by users?.
In places like England that there are many people, it can prevent a user to send you in the future a TAG already used by you.

Is anyone registering that info?.

Best regards!,
CoolArts.

Look at post 1 here:-
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/15817/da … -requests/

I was also thinking about a solution for this. I could write a webapp where you can register and then keep track of the tags you already used, and could "send" tags to other guys. So everybody would know which tags he cannot use anymore and who he can send which tags.

88

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

Hey Guys, as we have a number of new people joining the tag swap (including myself smile) Some people have let there current tags run down to 0m. As far as I was aware if it runs down to 0m it cannot be used again. Question - has anyone tried to reset at 0m chip and try it in a different printer and see if it works?

89

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

That is a great idea!!

Xenolphthalein wrote:
cgrillo wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

Hi mates, Happy new year to all!.

Wouldn't be a good idea to have a registry of what tag IDS are already used by users?.
In places like England that there are many people, it can prevent a user to send you in the future a TAG already used by you.

Is anyone registering that info?.

Best regards!,
CoolArts.

Look at post 1 here:-
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/15817/da … -requests/

I was also thinking about a solution for this. I could write a webapp where you can register and then keep track of the tags you already used, and could "send" tags to other guys. So everybody would know which tags he cannot use anymore and who he can send which tags.

90

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

s.ogorman wrote:

That is a great idea!!

Xenolphthalein wrote:

I was also thinking about a solution for this. I could write a webapp where you can register and then keep track of the tags you already used, and could "send" tags to other guys. So everybody would know which tags he cannot use anymore and who he can send which tags.

Good idea in principle yes, but why not just ask for the ID of the tag before you swap with someone to ensure it's not one you've had before... and keep a list yourself of the cards you've had.

91

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

s.ogorman wrote:

Hey Guys, as we have a number of new people joining the tag swap (including myself smile) Some people have let there current tags run down to 0m. As far as I was aware if it runs down to 0m it cannot be used again. Question - has anyone tried to reset at 0m chip and try it in a different printer and see if it works?

I'm worried about the same thing. I'm planning to print a 40 < 50 meter when my current tag reaches 1 or 2 m, but i had in mind to ask the same thing as you before doing it.

Can anyone confirm if the TAG reaches 0 m it will be useless for other users?

Thank you!,
best regards,
CoolArts

92

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

CoolArts wrote:
s.ogorman wrote:

Hey Guys, as we have a number of new people joining the tag swap (including myself smile) Some people have let there current tags run down to 0m. As far as I was aware if it runs down to 0m it cannot be used again. Question - has anyone tried to reset at 0m chip and try it in a different printer and see if it works?

I'm worried about the same thing. I'm planning to print a 40 < 50 meter when my current tag reaches 1 or 2 m, but i had in mind to ask the same thing as you before doing it.

Can anyone confirm if the TAG reaches 0 m it will be useless for other users?

Thank you!,
best regards,
CoolArts


I am not sure anyone has swapped a tag with 0 meters on it yet. Until someone tries it we will not know.

93

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

Bozotclown1970 wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

Can anyone confirm if the TAG reaches 0 m it will be useless for other users?

I am not sure anyone has swapped a tag with 0 meters on it yet. Until someone tries it we will not know.

Ok let's do this, i'm going to end before the day after tomorrow a TAG to 0 m. I can send it to someone, and if it works he can send me back another TAG. If it doesn't work nothing in return will be necessary.

But i would like to do it with someone that has already succesfully swapped a TAG and maked it work. So we can be sure that all steps for trying to restore the TAG with 0 m will be done well.

Anyone?

Best regards,
CoolArts.

94

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

s.ogorman wrote:

Hey Guys, as we have a number of new people joining the tag swap (including myself smile) Some people have let there current tags run down to 0m. As far as I was aware if it runs down to 0m it cannot be used again. Question - has anyone tried to reset at 0m chip and try it in a different printer and see if it works?

Just checked mine mate - 100m clear blue demo roll has definitely ran down to 0m:/ I can send it across and see if you get any joy with it your end?

95

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

CoolArts wrote:
Bozotclown1970 wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

Can anyone confirm if the TAG reaches 0 m it will be useless for other users?

I am not sure anyone has swapped a tag with 0 meters on it yet. Until someone tries it we will not know.

Ok let's do this, i'm going to end before the day after tomorrow a TAG to 0 m. I can send it to someone, and if it works he can send me back another TAG. If it doesn't work nothing in return will be necessary.

But i would like to do it with someone that has already succesfully swapped a TAG and maked it work. So we can be sure that all steps for trying to restore the TAG with 0 m will be done well.

Anyone?

Best regards,
CoolArts.

A good check would be to see if you can authenticate the tag with the password you know yourself, before sending it out.
I have a tag here that has been sent to me and I think it was run down to 0m and now won't even authenticate!
It's as though the password has changed!

96

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

cgrillo wrote:

A good check would be to see if you can authenticate the tag with the password you know yourself, before sending it out.
I have a tag here that has been sent to me and I think it was run down to 0m and now won't even authenticate!
It's as though the password has changed!

I've tested that before. My first TAG was emptied out by my ignorance, then i've found this forum and asked for it's password. After it was set to 0 m, i was able to authenticate to it, and make write read operations. I've sent that TAG to Bozot (was badly broken by my tests) a couple of weeks ago to allow him to test things on it. So once the TAG ends to 0 you should still be able to authenticate, read and write.

Best regards,
CoolArts.

97

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

CoolArts wrote:

So once the TAG ends to 0 you should still be able to authenticate, read and write.

I can confirm this as well. Before I (physically) broke my only empty tag I was able to authenticate, read and write without any issues. The only issue was that my printer refused to print anything with it.

I 99% sure it doesn't matter if the tag goes down to zero or not before you swap it. The only thing that should matter is that you reset it properly _before_ letting your printer read the tag for the first time.

98

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

kallt_kaffe wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

So once the TAG ends to 0 you should still be able to authenticate, read and write.

I can confirm this as well. Before I (physically) broke my only empty tag I was able to authenticate, read and write without any issues. The only issue was that my printer refused to print anything with it.

I 99% sure it doesn't matter if the tag goes down to zero or not before you swap it. The only thing that should matter is that you reset it properly _before_ letting your printer read the tag for the first time.

Cheers, something else must have happened to this card!

99

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

Velvet Mark wrote:
s.ogorman wrote:

Hey Guys, as we have a number of new people joining the tag swap (including myself smile) Some people have let there current tags run down to 0m. As far as I was aware if it runs down to 0m it cannot be used again. Question - has anyone tried to reset at 0m chip and try it in a different printer and see if it works?

Just checked mine mate - 100m clear blue demo roll has definitely ran down to 0m:/ I can send it across and see if you get any joy with it your end?

Ok I will send you my address by PM and we can see if it works. if it does I will send you my tag in return smile

100

Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

cgrillo wrote:

Cheers, something else must have happened to this card!

Mine was broken for pulling magnet fields from some neodymium rare earth magnets. I think that the part who broke was the antenna because:
* I wasn't able to read the TAG at anytime, most times the card was not recognized by the reader, been trying to read for 10 minutes and nothing, but after hours i tried again and after a couple tries the TAG becomes recognized.
* If the card gets recognized, you can see that the data is still the same, also you can write and read, but if i move the TAG out the reader antenna and try to read again, then i can have recognition problems again.

Sooo, people, don't try stupid things with magnets as i've done. ;P

s.ogorman wrote:

Ok I will send you my address by PM and we can see if it works. if it does I will send you my tag in return smile

Cool mate, i'm very interested in know this behaviour, please keep us informed on this test.

Cheers & Regards,
CoolArts